Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Handmade Ornaments

Last Christmas I decided to continue with my hand sewn felt adventures. Between my maternity leave and daycare overlap before Christmas holidays I had most of the day to myself. I wanted to stay busy but needed to spend a chunk of it sitting down because I was so very, very pregnant and uncomfortable. I picked up a few supplies and used leftovers I accumulated from other projects to sew about half a dozen star ornaments from a tutorial I found online at The Purl Bee.

I changed it up a little bit. I chose two shades of felt, red floss and opted for a blanket stitch. The beading was a new thing for me but I enjoyed learning and there was no right or wrong when arranging the beads. Turned out pretty well and I hang them on our wreath at the front door.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...