Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eraser Stamps

After completing my first round of cork stamps I was eager to try something else. I hit up my local dollar store and found a pack of rectangular erasers. They weren't as large as I had hoped I would find, but it's a small town dollar store and I'll take what I can get.


The first stamp I carved was wheat! Very appropriate for this prairie girl.



I love the look of the layered colours and yellow and black.


What's next? I have a few more ideas for cork and eraser stamps and I've been playing with creating cards and patterns with those stamps. I think my next step will be to invest in a batch of soft lino, more ink pads, and paper.

I have carving-printing-stamp fever!

... J

7 comments:

  1. This stamp is awesome! Got to love me some wheat! Prairie pride still runs in my blood ;)
    I am having stamp fever too but need some more time and supplies to get my butt in motion. It's been raining here for the past few days and I am a bit of suck on those rainy days. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    Much Love,
    Crystal
    P.S. Thanks for the kind words on twitter about my blog post. http://www.thehouseofhearts.com/2011/05/you-think-you-had-a-bad-day/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, Crystal! I don't think I'll ever lose my Prairie affection. Although, it's often tested during the depths of winter and I'm grateful for being in the warm west. You're welcome for the retweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess @ Brown Paper BunnyMay 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM

    Nice work! There is something so gorgeous about the shape and pattern of wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great they look fantastic. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it...and I like that it doesn't have stalks...very lifty....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I wanted to do stalks, but my little erasers are LITTLE. 2" x 0.5" so I opted for the seeds only. Time for larger soft lino methinks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...