Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Happy Accident

I've been ogling the cityscapes, large bowls and sketchbook drawings of Russelle Adams, who runs Heedless Ceramics, for nearly a year. Recently, she sent me this lovely ceramic pin as a thank you for consistently commenting on her Facebook page.


I wanted to send her a little thank you mail art gift as a reply and put together a small package. I felt particularly inspired by my cork stamps one night and made a set of four small prints.


Wheat, eraser stamp.



Water, cork stamp.



Bamboo, cork stamp.



Tomato, cork stamp.

I also included a colour print from a children's book and a pressed leaf from my garden. I wrapped the leaf in some green foil origami paper and the postal system created another piece of art. The leaf left the most delicate and beautiful impression on the foil. Heedless wrote a nice post about my package and included a photo of the happy mail art accident.

Inspired by my wheat print, she created an animated gif just for me.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cool! I love your prints..I have them up on my bulletin board by my pottery table. I'm glad you like the button...if you want the whole button grabbing gadget I think I can help you figure out how to grab that html. @ me

    And Jeannine recently won "The Disco Frog" #favorite follows Trophy on Twitter...#cuzshedancessocool...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...