Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mail Art with 70's Sex Appeal

Jessica Gowling warned me that I was going to freak out when I received her mail art package. In fact, she thought I'd do a bit more than freak out:


Please! Who wouldn't mess themselves a little when they receive a box chock full of amazingness all wrapped up in a package with two open-shirt, bare-chested, shaggy-haired, high-waisted pants hunks like these two:


"Mail-Order Fashion Hunks" I'll take half a dozen as long as they come with uncomfortably tight jeans and gold chains.

Whenever I need a giggle I just gaze at this box for a while and imagine the looks on the faces of the postal workers wondering what could be inside the box. Speaking of INSIDE the box:


There are all sorts of amazing things in here. Another gorgeous bear print, a bunch of stickers, a really cool stamp and a couple of inside joke items to make me chuckle -- the ant and fruit loop cut out. The best of this picture is the owl button. It's so lovely and I've been trying to figure out which jacket to pin it on so it'll receive the most exposure.


In a lovely reply to my 'get to know you better' cards, Jessica wrote a few pages about herself. This reminds me of how much I miss proper letter writing. Before email, I wrote friends and family long letters and eagerly waited for their replies. While I could never give up the internet, there's something truly satisfying about reading a hand-written letter. You get more personality by feeling the paper and seeing the handwriting.

The absolute show stopper for me in this package is the set of three button earrings:


I feel so fortunate to be exchanging mail art with Jessica. You can tell she has a genuine passion for mail art and it's pushing me to REALLY bring my A-game on the next letter to her.

... J

4 comments:

  1. haha, love the fashion hunks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing such a rad & detailed post. I am thrilled that this package made you super happy. I had a lot of fun putting together all of these goodies and am excited for you to start sporting my wares around town, be it buttoned ears or an owl adorned sweater. Looking forward to your reply, I'm sure it will be A+, dont worry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ant....ants are cool....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for writing such a rad & detailed post. I am thrilled that this package made you super happy. I had a lot of fun putting together all of these goodies and am excited for you to start sporting my wares around town, be it buttoned ears or an owl adorned sweater. Looking forward to your reply, I'm sure it will be A+, dont worry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...