Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A series about hair

A series of studies of hair... cool hair. The kind of hair I'm a little too scaredy-cat to try myself.


I started with a large watercolour wash of grey with some orange and pink. Next time I'll try several  tones of grey and more orange and pink as it was a little on the light side this round. As I was penciling in the outlines I tried to erase a tiny bit and wound up taking the watercolour right off. It worked out in the end, as I like the lighter tone it made on the face.


The comb way-over




Spikes and shaved



The mega bangs with dark tips



The extra short bangs with a streak of colour


... J

4 comments:

  1. This are super awesome! I love how the watercolour gives it that level of texture and I am always a HUGE fan of ink drawings. Beautiful pieces. I hope you are hav a wonderful weekend.
    Much Love,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this series. i think my favorite is the spiky hair, but each one is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun set! I like spiky, too, though I don't think I could wear it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In college I had the one on the upper right..and it was platinum ...weird to look in the mirror each time...

    Now..my hair almost long enough to sit on...and well its pretty tame looking...

    I like the pink...but not brave enough to try something like that anymore.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...