Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Painting Cards: Part 3

The last set of cards was for my parents. Their anniversary and my Dad's birthday are a few days apart so I painted a lure (one of my Dad's favourite hobbies is fishing) and a ship (Ma and Pa Saylor must also embrace my nautical obsession).

Pencil lines.

A sweep of blue in the background.

Most of the colour in and starting the outline.

Viola! One fishing lure.


I've been looking for a good excuse to use Jessica's ship book as a reference for a painting. This was the perfect opportunity!

Pencil lines and light blue background done.

A bit of the ship done and a corner of my palette and laptop.

Finished! The water was my favourite part.

I was so happy to hear that my parents loved them. I made some high quality scans of these before sending them off s a few of my mail art friends may find a print in their mailbox over the coming months.

... J

3 comments:

  1. my dad was a big fan of fishing, and had LOTS of gear. i've discovered some amazing fishing lures among his collection. love your watercolor version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fishing lure is wonderful! I love it's little eye, strangely expressive for a fishing lure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Emily! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...