Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mail Art Monday: Clothespins and Anchors

When I finished Valeria's traveling journal I decided to send it off to Kimi Kobashi. Since I was sending her the journal anyway, I felt compelled to add a few extra goodies. I drew a maple seed onto dark brown paper, using a peach coloured gel pen, a dinosaur and lily watercolour print, handmade stickers and a pretty clothespin photo postcard from Oakmoss were all nestled inside the handmade envelope. The postcard proved to be the inspiration for the staging of her post about my package.


Sumi Senthi received my bison envelope in very good time. Inside, she found a letter on brown paper, adorned with plus stamps, a watercolour tag, a circle remnants piece and a mixed bunting line full of astronomy clippings, washi tape and stickers. I also included a nude figure postcard I've had for ages, a lure print, part of a bookbinding postcard, stamps, stickers, an anchor punched paper, a clipping of a sperm whale and a 'drop your anchor, stay for awhile ' card.



When Catherine Stone requested mail art partners recently, I quickly took her up on her offer. For our first exchange I decorated a sheep envelope and stuffed it with a camera, lily and ship print, stickers, stamps, paper ephemera and a letter on brown paper, stamped with pluses.

7 comments:

  1. Aw I love my package, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always put together the nicest combinations of images and textures. Always a treat to open a package from you. Thank you so much! %3Pr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did that %3Pr come from? Anyway, I meant ^_^ or :D !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome, Sumi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kimi! I try to put together something a bit different each time and something I would like to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful packets, as always! I love it that one of the circle remnants is out there, now-I wonder what it will become next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to recycle them but couldn't quite bring myself to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...